What should I know | LamborghiniChat
News

What should I know

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by AleesLLD, Aug 28, 2020.

1. AleesLLD

AleesLLD Rookie

Aug 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Anne-Marie Lees
    I'm looking at buying a Lamborghini Gallardo but wondered if there was anything I should specifically know before I go through with it?

2. topcarbon

topcarbon Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2006
    Scottsdale Arizona/ Mexico
    Full Name:
    jason
    Doors dont go up

EarlyCat likes this.
  3. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

lol. Some of the early 2004's were made in Poland. 6 speed is more valuable than e gear. Google the vin number, besides the usual carfax. A fairly durable car, however have it inspected by someone that is familiar with them.

4. AleesLLD

AleesLLD Rookie

Aug 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Anne-Marie Lees
    I've been told to get it on finance and pay more for a better model. Is this the case.

@topcarbon I always thought they did. Still possess a great depth of power though and look amazing.

Booker likes this.
  5. Booker

Booker Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Moderator Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    This is interesting... audi related or what? good or bad thing?

6. JAB

JAB Rookie

Apr 30, 2019
    Illinois. USA
    Full Name:
    Jack Bowser Jr
    Great cars. I have had three of them. The Gallardo had some nice upgrades in 2009. In addition to a better transmission and shift times, some nice cosmetic upgrades as well. The 04 to 08 cars are ok but the 09 to 13 would be a better car if you can afford it. Bottom line is to find one with low miles with good maintenance history. Since they were built by Audi, the build quality is good and they are very reliable.

7. Sheridan Brinley

Jun 2, 2006
    Watch out for legroom if you are tall--6' or taller. The front fenders protrude into the cockpit, limiting your left (or right for UK) legroom significantly. You would notice it on a trip.

8. Hurricane106

Hurricane106 Rookie

Feb 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bill Haig
    '04 do not have the hydraulic nose lift of the 05+ so attention is needed when going over speed bumps or sharp dips.
    04-08 have the 5.0L engine, 09+ use the 5.2L and also have cosmetic changes to the nose and rear panels.
    Plastics used for the fender wells and engine covers are prone to cracking so something to look for especially any louvered surfaces.
    The 09+ models utilize the naming of LPxxx-2 or -4 to indicate 2 wheel or 4 (all)wheel drive. 04-08 are all wheel drive from the factory although changing to 2 wheel drive is not uncommon.
    When doing slow tight turns in the all wheel drive models you can feel the resistance in the steering which is normal and nothing to be concerned with.
    The E-gear models are prone to high clutch wear although this got better with each year up to 09 when they changed to a different transmission setup. When having the pre-purchase inspection done select a shop that can give you the clutch snap measurement to verify the clutch life.

EarlyCat likes this.
  9. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

IIRC it was the first 300 or so cars. I don't know if it was a bad or good thing, ie specific issues, other than the usual advice to stay away from the first year of any brand.