Urraco thread | Page 74 | LamborghiniChat
News

Urraco thread

Discussion in 'V8 Lamborghinis' started by 1121034, Jun 13, 2008.

1. hyenahf

hyenahf Formula Junior

May 25, 2004
    Yes faded lighter from a darker grey. Check the back of your A pillar garnish or inner glove box door for remnants of the original color perhaps?

Door pulls are typically the same color as the door panels, the inserts can be different like the grey material on your seats.

Pics would help.

2. hyenahf

hyenahf Formula Junior

May 25, 2004
    Hi Jim

I trusted expert on the matter I’ve spoken to says you car was originally bleu notte / senape and consigned to Ageco in Lebanon.

Ive haven’t seen images of you car but he mentions the seats and doors appear to be original but questions that the colours of dash and carpets are.

I hope this helps a little

Regards

3. Lambo262

Lambo262 Rookie

Sep 22, 2010
    Aahhh….. the “King Faisal” car (20094), as we referred to it back in 1984. It was being handled by a Mr. Karaoghlanian in Rochelle Park, NJ.

He claimed it had been owned by a member of the Saudi royal family…it was clearly a desert car…the interior was faded and the paint was bad…

That was minor though, the motor was seized at around 7500 miles, and the car had virtually no documentation of any sort…no title , no DOT bond etc. Mr. “Coco” claims it was brought in under “diplomatic license”…but no proof was offered.

Coco wanted $ 10K…we offered $ 5K…and nothing happened.

Later Mr. Vinny at Auto Elite had the car and we bought a spare wheel from it.

Then it disappeared…around 1987, I checked with the DOT (where I had contacts) and there was no record of the car !

Paul

4. Franz

Franz Rookie

Jan 1, 2009
    Milan, Italy
    Full Name:
    Francesco
    Hi to all,

I'm looking for the correct current ratings of the P250 fuses. In the Urraco's user manual no mention at all, only the drawing of the fuse box with wiring loom connections info, but no idea about the current ratings of the factory installed fuses.

Many thanks if someone can be of any help.

Francesco

5. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
  6. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    lolol sounds GREAT!

7. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    Yes it does. With the headlights up it reminds me of my Jalpa. This video looks like it was just uploaded.

8. hyenahf

hyenahf Formula Junior

May 25, 2004
    thats a P300? kinda sounds and looks like a P250?

9. Lambo262

Lambo262 Rookie

Sep 22, 2010
    Ummm...the stick clearly shows a P-250...but that is not "the thing"...slow it down to 1/2 speed on the video and things look MUCH more realistic :)

Paul

10. hyenahf

hyenahf Formula Junior

May 25, 2004
    Stick, door panels, seats, dash all look and sound all appear P250

11. Lambo262

Lambo262 Rookie

Sep 22, 2010
    I have had P-250, 300 and Jalpa motors on the dyno (open exhaust)...maybe the 3.5 liter is a little lower in pitch...but there is not much difference. Different muffler arrangements do make a difference.

Paul

12. hyenahf

hyenahf Formula Junior

May 25, 2004
    yes its remarkable how they do sound similar considering the combustion cambers shapes and valve orientation are entirely different with the P250 and P300.

i was just in a silhouette last month with a quicksilver exhaust. I was surprised how quite and more tempered it was than a P300 with just a glass plane separating the noise reverberating back off the louvers. the jalpa is even more muted with the USA cats and boxed exhaust and deeper with the longer stroke. the engine decklid has a lot to do with it i reckon

IMO the P250 ive driven sounded wonderful...smoother and more refined than the P300 which you can hear and feel the timbre from the chain driven cams when you put your foot in it. P300 sounds absolutely savage and exciting at top rpm's with the stock ansa. I cant think of production vintage v8 car over the years that has such a raw exhilarating sound, maybe an F355?

all the V8's do sound fantastic, ive never been in running P200 perhaps thats the best sounding one?

13. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    If anyone here in this forum is after an extremely beautifully preserved Lamborghini Urraco P300, kept in black paint, the interior completely original in beige. First delivery in Belgium. Send me a private message.

14. ClaxNZ

ClaxNZ Karting

Dec 1, 2012
    The Sunday drive line-up last weekend. For my P300 (20080) a new Quicksilver exhaust and headers inbound (early Christmas present).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

S_AGATA and hyenahf like this.
  15. ZN75

ZN75 Rookie

Oct 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nuccio Bertone
  16. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    Actually looks quite nice! The NOM is not that much of an issue IMO, it may hurt the value a bit though.

ZN75 likes this.
  17. ALEX 1046

ALEX 1046 Rookie

Feb 11, 2020
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    AVERY D. ALEXANDER
    Hello,
    I am looking to own a P300. Does anyone know of a car that is for sale?
    Thank you,
    Alex

18. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Does anybody have a picture of Verde Medeo on the exterior of a Urraco. Also I’m curious what Verde Chiaro interior looks like! Thanks in advance

19. hyenahf

hyenahf Formula Junior

May 25, 2004
    rhyno... here you go P117

i think this verde chiaro... P250

Attached Files:

rhyno likes this.
  20. hyenahf

hyenahf Formula Junior

May 25, 2004