Top Lamborghini Technicians Throughout The US | Page 2 | LamborghiniChat
News

Top Lamborghini Technicians Throughout The US

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Rossocorsa1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed.

Frank Triarsi is truly old-school, you have to like a dyed-in-the-wool Ferrari man who loves Miuras.

Hey, I love your new Avatar! ;)

2. Ciro Izzo

Ciro Izzo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2005
    #27 Ciro Izzo, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018

Good eye! The license plate needed a change, nothing else lol!

3. italiancars

italiancars Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Onofrio also used to own Lamborghini Bergen county. Classic Coach is an authorized Ferrari Classiche restoration shop.

Another person that is pretty damn good at tuning those Webers, is in Long Island city. Joe Nastasi I think he may have worked on one or two Lamborghinis before!

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula 3

May 14, 2017
    Joe Nastasi is still around?

5. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    My friend (Ferrari guy)speaks very highly of them

6. joe sackey

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That talented Sicilian has breathed upon a few engines ;)

Yes.

No longer as Lamborghini Nastasi (2429 Jackson Avenue, Long Island City, NY) as he used to be but as a semi-retired gentleman who caters to his impressive collection of one of the world's finest collection of racing Alfas (@ five Alfa Romeo T33s, a rare 1967 Periscopo, a one off 1971 Stradale coupe, a 1977 World Sporstcar Championship T33/SC/12, a 1972 T33/TT/3, a 1969 T33/3 and a T33/TT/12, owned jointly by Nastasi and my California Ferrari vintage racing client Tom Hollfelder).

He has little interest in working on customer cars nowadays, although if you know him he might tune your carbs.

He still has his two (2) Miura SVs, not long ago, I was honored that he agreed to sell me his amazing 2,800-mile LP500S Speciale which the factory gave him in 1983 and he kept for nearly 30 years, doing that deal with him was a treat, not to mention a lesson in old-school business!

Not many people know that he was a go-between in Lamborghini's transition from the Mimran era to the Chrysler era.

These days he travels the world racing his cars, allegedly, he is not easy to pass

7. white out

white out Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2010
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Steve Maxwell in San Diego.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula 3

May 14, 2017
  9. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Kelowna, BC CANADA
    Full Name:
    RyFips
    I had my LM002 restores by Steve at Driven Exotics and have a very special Lambo getting worked on by him right now. He does an amazing job and is the only guy I will use in North America for specialty Lambo work. He is extremely detail oriented and goes the distance to make the cars period correct. I highly recommend him!

10. geno berns

geno berns Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Agreed. Steve takes his work very serious and the result is fantastic

Huskerbill likes this.
  11. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    One more for Steve Gleaner at Driven Exotics.

I like to do as much work on my Diablo as possible, but have my limitations. Steve has done two projects for me, and is getting ready to start a third.

I took out all 105 interior pieces in my Diablo, drove them down to him and he re-leathered everything (to an amazing result). I installed it all back in the car, and Steve guided me through the process and was helpful answering countless phone calls, emails and texts.

He also did a major service, and made of list of things the car needed that he knew, and I would want to do. Conversely there were a few items he politely said "let me handle that Geno", knowing my limitations.

I just pulled the front and rear suspension off the Diablo, and am sending to him for bushing and shock rebuild, and I will install it back on and ship the car to him for alignment.

Bottom line, Steve is not only a great wrench but a really nice guy as well and takes the time to teach me as we go.

12. joe sackey

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  13. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Does Chris do the or manage/broker the work?

14. joe sackey

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #40 joe sackey, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    He does everything that is required at his facility, and has recently moved the bodywork from close-by to in-house as well.

Obviously, like most restorers he sublets things like plating, gauges to Palo Alto, and shocks to Koni etc.

He started off years ago as an engine-builder at Symbolic Motorcars rebuilding race units for their customers who participated in the Ferrari Shell Historics vintage race series, and learned a thing or two from the late Bob Wallace.

Ciro Izzo and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  15. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Driven Exotics/Steve Gleaner. If you have seen /know my Diablo SV Monterey Ed., #2 0f 20, its all Steve Gleaner. Perfectionist, attention to detail, no cutting corners. I'd bet my '97 Roadster with 50,000+ miles on her is one of the best driving Diablo's on the planet, because of Steve.

Huskerbill likes this.
  16. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Well done, Tim.

2NA likes this.
  17. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Yup. Tim is a good guy with that has answered more than a few Countach questions of mine over the years.

ken qv likes this.
  18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula 3

May 14, 2017
    Any other thoughts on Wil DeGroot in NJ?

19. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #46 Peter K., Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    I know we've spoken recently about this stuff but figured I'd rehash for others.
    Wil's got a good eye and that's very helpful. But that's where a bill can go up. That's good for you and the car, not so much for the wallet :)
    If he see something out of whack, worn, not right, ready to let go, needs attention, or something that will generally turn a good day of driving into a bad day...he's going to tell you….And one has to decide what important enough to them. And he's knows the Countach workings extremely well. Wil's place is family owned. Some of the wrenches have been there for quite awhile. Really just a good and honest shop. Been there for decades.
    As we know with every single shop, there will be unhappy customers and/or thing that go wrong. I do not think this is any shop's intention. It's just the nature of the beast. I also, think attitude and how a problem is handle that is the key. But, that just my opinion.

It is widely known, and documented here, the work Wil has done for my 78 lp400s over the years. Especially the cosmetic restoration. Was not a full blown Pebble Beach but damn, the work was amazing as shown by the handful of awards I received the following years. I got awards when I told them don't judge it. Damn judges couldn't resist. All in good fun. I have not shown it anywhere in a few years though.
    Been a little while since it's been there at Wil's as I have gained a ton of knowledge from all of you here on Lchat and VLG, and do a lot of my stuff with a long time friend (who's world's better than me!).
    Just remember, it's just a car. It's not a complicated car, it just has to be done right and correct. Ands that shouldn't be too hard to do.

I do have this Urraco P-250 that has needed attention for sometime. I've been working on various things over the last couple of years. It's pretty much coming to an end on what I can do and Wil has experience with them. It just comes down to planning. And as most of you know, what you plan for the year usually gets screwed up :)

Then we have my Jarama GT, Chad Bolles just nailed it with the top end rebuild and boat load of other work. Chad is a drag racer and I think HE will never forget MY reaction that cool April morning when he and I were in the car, turn out of his driveway and surprised me with a quarter mile run. Most amazing time I had in a Lamborghini. Just sheetz and giggles the rest of the day because of that.

Sadly, he won't work on the Urraco's V-8! lolol

Lemacc and Ellagirl like this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula 3

May 14, 2017
    Great feedback. Thank you.

21. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Rookie

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm surprised that none mentions :

Debbie Motors
    468 N. Camden Drive, Suite 248
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210
    (310) 600-5603

22. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Classic Cars of Austin

23. Huskerbill

Huskerbill Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #50 Huskerbill, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Steve Gleaner at Driven Exotics in Gilroy CA

They ONLY work on Lamborghinis and have 20+ of them in there for various jobs. Steve personally works on every car. His body guy worked for Al Burtoni for years before coming over to work full time for Steve. All he paints every day are Lamborghinis. Driven Exotics now has a huge, dedicated room/area for interior work and an expert that just does interior restoration.

Their abilities allowed me to put 1000 miles on my Diablo in a single day a few years ago.

https://lamborghinichat.com/forum/threads/1000-miles-in-a-day-in-a-diablo.309657/