Huracán - Potentially adding a Performante to the garage | LamborghiniChat
News

Huracán Potentially adding a Performante to the garage

Discussion in 'V10 Lamborghinis' started by SoCal to az, Sep 21, 2018.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    i have a 488. Looking to add either a Performante or a Mclaren 720. I’m going to post this in the Mclaren forum as well to get some basic information on the lambo, however couple of questions about Perf.

Is there any must have options the car should have? I’m looking at either spending brand new or buying a gently loved 18 model. I have zero interest in a bunch of carbon that holds no resale but I do want mandatory options. In my 488 for example, goldrake seats are a must for me.

Any major problems you guys have had? My 488 and Gt3 rs have been bullet proof. The one edge I give lambo is that it’s Audi guts so they are mechanically sound with little to no mechanical issues.

Should I get an extended warranty? Anyone know the cost? Can I just add it later if I keep the car longer than warranty exists?

Does it matter to buy from a dealer or shopping around to get the best deal is best?

Please don’t make this a lambo sucks and Mclaren is awesome. Both are great cars- I’m just doing some digging and I have test drives in both this weekend.

I’m 6’4” so that may automatically rule out the Performante cause if it’s like the aventador, I couldn’t fit. But will see.

Appreciate very much your comments from the owners.

2. plastique999

plastique999 Karting

Nov 9, 2008
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ve had mine nearly a year (may sell or trade mine - looking for something different). High praise to this car as it clearly presents with phenomenal performance. It has been bullet proof. I’ve driven it nearly 2800 Miles. You don’t need extended warranty and may add it when getting to end of regular warranty.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

3. It's a fantastic car. I just did a 2'000 miles road trip in Italy with it. In strada mode the car is quite comfortable and in sport and corsa it's a great sports car. I think you must have the adaptive dampers (Magneto-Rheologic Suspension). However you can save the money for the dynamic steering. Look wise I like the style package, I wouldn't buy one without. I have the bucket seats in mine, I must admit that I have seen better seats. My dealer changed the angle how they where fixed to the console which helped a lot.

I also would save the money for the extended warranty and do it maybe in the 3rd year after you gathered some experience about the reliability of the car. So far I have never had any issues with my newer Lamborghinis.

Best you test drive on the same day a 720 and a Performante. I'm quite sure what your choice will be if you do so.

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 Rookie

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have a 720 and considering trading on a Perf Spider not because the 720 isnt a great car but rather for something different for a year. The all out speed is an advantage for the 720 but the sound of that V10 is just sick. Cant go wrong either way. I have a set of down pipes and aftermarket exhaust coming for the 720 to see if that fixes me for a while. If not I may go for the Perf or an SVJ Roadster if I can get one.

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I just drove a Perf. My issue was I was tight in the car. 6’4” was just barely comfortable. So if I get this, toiling around town is fine, but not for long stretches. It’s a bit too spartan for the wife. Going to take her in 720 next. Leaning towards that.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 Rookie

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Make sure to try the difference settings for suspension and performance, it makes a difference in the drive.

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The drive was amazing. No qualms about it. But it was a touch tight for my large frame and my wife just wasn’t a fan of the seats and interior. Tried to tell her that’s the whole point of the Performante but you know how that goes.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 Rookie

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    At 6' 4" I think the 720 might be too comfortable either but there is certainly more room. Also, dont accelerate too hard with her in the car she may freak out, the 720 is just crazy fast.