Polo Storico Certification | Page 2 | LamborghiniChat
News

Polo Storico Certification

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, May 8, 2019.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula Junior

May 14, 2017
    Totally agree

2. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    I have been in contact with Polo Storico at the factory in Italy. In response to my enquiry regarding Polo Storico Certificata, they sent me this email with the included attachment:

“Firstly, I would like to introduce myself. My name is ***** of Lamborghini PoloStorico Customer Care specifically following all the historical cars owners and vehicles for certification, restoration and vintage spare parts.

We will be very pleased to welcome your Lamborghini Countach for Certification of Authenticity.

The vehicle will be accurately inspected and verified in each part. This certificate is carried out exclusively at PoloStorico and helps to give relevance to the vehicle. It provides elements of certainty certifying the characteristics of the car and helps verifying if colors, interns and components are conform to the original.

Please see here below the cost for the certification (VAT excluded):

CERTIFICATION OF AUTHENTICITY

350GT

10.000€

400GT

10.000€

Miura

10.000€

Countach

10.000€

Espada

7.000€

Islero

7.000€

Jarama

7.000€

Urraco

7.000€

Silhouette

7.000€

Jalpa

7.000€

LM002

7.000€

Diablo

7.000€

Murciélago

7.000€

*VAT excluded (if due)

CERTIFICATION OF HISTORIC AUTHENTICATION

All Models

7.000€

*VAT excluded (if due)

CERTIFICATION OF LIMITED EDITION

All Models

7.000€

*VAT excluded (if due)

For the vehicle inspection we need the car 2 weeks maximum, while the estimated time for compilation is 4 weeks.

If you wish, we can arrange the transport in/out for the car and send you a quotation.

The payment conditions envisage a € 1.000,00 advance in order to perform the documentation check and the vehicle inspections.

The balance is due at the Certificate delivery.

Inspection performed on the vehicle are:

Matching numbers check (VIN with engine number)

Body inspection

Chassis inspection

Engine inspection

Gearbox/differential inspection

Mechanics inspection

Electrical wiring inspection

Interior upholstery inspection

Accessories inspections

We also won’t fail to let you have a report of any likely non-conformity found on the vehicle compared to its originality, and a list of any likely suggested works to bring the car back to the original conditions and in a perfect state.

For the documental inspection, please find here below some documentation we need in advance in order to do a documental pre-check to verify if the vehicle can actually be certified:

· Copy of the certificate of ownership (tile) and or registration document, or bill of sale;

· Current vehicle Plate number;

· All documentation available about any intervention done on the cars along the years: any repair, any accident or damage occurred, the service history, any previous restoration performed, and any pictures of the car in previous conditions;

· All information about previous owners and change of ownership.

As by our company procedure, we should invoice the payments to the registered owner of the vehicle.

In case of invoice to a company

· Company name and address;

· VAT number, or equivalent in your country;

· e-mail address and phone number;

· Copy of the certificate of ownership (tile) and or registration document or bill of sale.

In case of invoice to a private person:

· Name and Address of the owner;

· tax code, or equivalent in your country;

· date and place of birth;

· e-mail address and phone number;

· copy of identity card or passport or license plate

· Copy of the certificate of ownership (tile) and or registration document or bill of sale.

As by company procedure, we can accept payments coming only from a bank account related to the same person or company used for the account position registered.

We would be very glad if you could send us some other pictures of your car with at least one picture showing the chassis number, in order to update our records and historical archive.

Finally, you will find here enclosed also:

- a document to authorize Automobili Lamborghini taking pictures / filming of your car. If you agree, please send it back to me signed for acceptance

- a Power of Attorney to be signed by the Owner to allow us moving the car and do the necessary dismounting of some minor parts for the inspection;

In order to verify and keep our systems updated and to supportyou as our Customer in the most effective way, I kindly ask you to send me at least a copy of the title of your cars, or the vehicle registration certificate, or the bill of sale as proof of ownership replying directly to this e-mail. Some pictures of the cars would also be very useful for our archive.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.

I am at your disposal for any further clarification you may need.”

She then called me and we spoke at length. Currently all certifications are done only at the factory. They do not have an inspection and certification network at dealers like Ferrari Classiche. She explained they are working on setting up a dealer system but we all know that could take a while. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

joe sackey and rambointhegarage like this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    The box looks dam cool

4. Thank you, that sounds quite good. Obviously it's not cheap at all but I think it's a good investment, especially for the more expensive cars.

I understand Polo Storico that they only do the certification in Sant'Agata at the factory. Otherwise conflict of interest could compromize the value of the certification. The certifiers should be as independent as possible from the owners of the cars.

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'm confident that eventually PS will set up Certification application at local main dealers based on their guidelines as a matter of logistical practicality.

This is a good start, and as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    looks better than the pdf i got, thats for sure

7. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    I would say they at least owe more documentation and the beautiful packaging.

8. ttforcefed

Giallo Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what's really funny is i offered to send my car to the factory and they said there was no need!

9. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    In fairness, they may not have had anything structured two years ago.

joe sackey likes this.
  10. Two years ago you could certify your car at the concorso d'eleganza in Neuchatel as well.
    I heard rumors that the concorso following the one of this year will be in the USA. That might be a great opportunity for the US-guys to certify their cars.

joe sackey likes this.
  11. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    My critisism for these classic -certifications is:

Owner pays money to factory get written information that your car really is Lamborghini and I see this little goofy.
    Also point of these certifications is to make market where you need to pay factory to get certification, so you can sell your car. Idea of these certifications is to make show car "level" for buyers who otherwise do not know what they are buying and this will generate double market, those with and without certification, if it does... no-one knows... Is it something we want?

What then?
    So you can keep your certification, you need to get car inspected every year?
    Future NEW hypercars will get certification dirrectly from factory with delivery? Would you need to take your under waranty car inspected so you can keep your certification?

How far would this go?
    https://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/article.php?reqart=FOC_201707_SS3

12. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    Particularly for vintage Lamborghini’s, I think it can be very valuable. Why? Simply because so many (dare I say, most) older Lamborghini’s were so chopped-up, modified, molested, had “this” and “that” tacked-on, altered, etc., particularly in the US. In fact there are two or three well known shops (and no, I’m not going to name them) in the US that made a cottage industry out of molesting these great cars for the past 25+ years. So, as these cars are now moving into the hands of serious collectors with a motivation to return/restore them to their original condition, Polo Storico establishes another layer of validation. I don’t think it’s for everyone, but for those who want to build deeper provenance, it has its value.

joe sackey and rambointhegarage like this.
  13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I don't think the concept of factory Certification as it exists is for you, my advice is, forget about it, just drive your car and enjoy it.

I say this based on your opinion of Ferrari Classiche which you have shared with me privately.

Well-stated.

As you say, Certification is not for everyone.

Clearly the Certification concept works well for thousands of people who have realistic expectations bearing in mind that build sheets are proprietary to the manufacturer, and no system should be expected to be perfect, certainly not in the early years.

In building the provenance of a car, one should consider that Certification is just one aspect of corroborative documentation.

14. ttforcefed

Giallo Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    anything new?

15. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    Nothing. I’ll try following up this week.

16. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Rookie

Aug 18, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Olivier

I have already organised in Belgium an inspection date for 2x Bulls, Miura S of a fellow and my Larousse F1 at that period, because we were not wondering to shipp the cars to Italy…

Thus, a PS expert flied over Brussels and spent a full day inspecting, taking notes and shooting pics to illustrate the Certification…

PS will not send an expert just for one car, but you can try to group several cars at same location (with a lift) and to pay for the travel extra costs.

17. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017

Can you share what the certification and services cost are?

Olivier NAMECHE likes this.
  18. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Aug 28, 2015
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Vince Finaldi
    Also, can you share who the expert was, from PS, who arrived to inspect the vehicle?

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Important to know this.

20. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Rodrigo did these two :

Miura S costs 10.000 + VAT

Larousse F1 costs 7.000 + VAT

extra to pay for expert travel costs, according to distance and country to be computed by PS secretary

According to experts availability : Rodrigo or Stefano

21. ttforcefed

Giallo Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Sorry and what does that get you? Can u show a picture?

22. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    3 to 4 months later you will get the certification book in a nice case...

Here are few pages... don't ask me for the others for discretion matter

Soon, this Certification will become a Must for some collectors, and it will be requested by potentiel buyers in a second step..

Again, I can organise this for you anywhere

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

joe sackey likes this.
  23. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

24. ttforcefed

Giallo Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is it like ferrari where if you have an aftermarket exhaust they wont give it to you?

25. No, you still get it but the fact that the exhaust isn't original will be stated in the book.