Murci Roadsters | LamborghiniChat
News

Murci Roadsters

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by drjohngober, Aug 18, 2015.

1. drjohngober

drjohngober Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    With autumn hopefully approaching Tejas in the next 60 days, I am strongly considering adding to the stable- actually going to look at a few this week.
    I am really prefer the Roadster but would like some opinions from owners and those in the "know".

2. netman

netman Karting
    Giallo Subscribed

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    The roof is a pain in the ass, wind in your hair. Other than that. The same as the coupe.

3. robert biscan

robert biscan Karting

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    I owned one for about 2 years and I just loved it. Never and I mean never tried to put the top on and drove it on nice days with no rain in forecast. Get an orange county exhaust system and life is good.

4. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Bought an '06 Roadster after owning an '04 360 Spider...couldn't be happier, awesome car, awesome speed, looks like no other on the road...alot of attention (sometimes too much), Top is a pain, I have had mine on just a few times, but bought a custom (easy to slap on) cover that keeps all the elements out if the car isn't moving (like it starts to rain at a car show).

5. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC Karting
    Giallo Subscribed

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, LI, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    #5 ARTNNYC, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I bought an 08 Roadster 4 months ago and it is my favorite car by FAR! It is wild looking, fast as hell and has a sound that a V-8 can only dream of. The top is somewhat wonky but I never put mine at all even when I wash it. The top was designed for storing or transporting as far as I am concerned.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. drjohngober

drjohngober Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Thanks for the responses. In Houston, going to look at several tomorrow. I am hoping I see one and instantaneusly know it is the one.

7. white out

white out Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2010
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Roadsters look awesome. The sound of the engine intake next to your head makes the roadster a lot of fun to drive.

The major downside for me is lowered security compared to the coupe.

8. Brewersprts

Brewersprts Rookie

Aug 23, 2015
    Springfield, OH
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    The murcielago roadsters are so sexy. I hope you get one. I'll try to keep my jealousy in check. Lol

9. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Rookie

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    I recently purchased a Murci myself, however it was a coupe. I did a lot of research on roadsters vs coupes and I also live in Texas, so will probably a similar experience here.
    Conclusion I came to was: Roadster looks awesome with the roof off! However with it on, it's look like a car with a toupee on. The top was an afterthough, and as Lamborghini said: It's a roadster, you're lucky to even have a top ;)
    So if you plan on daytrips only, I think you'll be fine. However, if you're goiing somewhere overnight, keep in mind your car will be left to the elements and people etc, if not watched overnight. Plus the humidity in TX, especially Houston in the summer.
    That all said, it's an awesome looking car, I just prefer the lines of the coupe and the practicality a little more (not that it's a practical car to begin with... haha)

Either way, don't think you can go wrong. I came from a F360 and wow what a difference this Murci is...

10. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Donnie, Let me know if you ever get up to Canton, and I can show you my Roadster, in Rosso Andromeda, I will also have it again this year at the Italian Gathering.

Springfield always will be one of my favorite places...met my wife (of 22 years) at an apartment building we were both living at on Limestone Street !!

11. Brewersprts

Brewersprts Rookie

Aug 23, 2015
    Springfield, OH
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    #11 Brewersprts, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    That's cool about Springfield. I was born and raised in Florida but moved to Springfield when I was in high school. And I've been here off and on for like 10 years. Can't seem to get away.

Is yours the one with the Black and Tan interior?

If so, that color is beautiful. I will definitely be at the Italian Gathering. Dont get mad if you see a tall guy drooling over it.

If you end up not going, I will take you up on seeing that murcielago. I would make a trip up to Canton for that.

12. Brewersprts

Brewersprts Rookie

Aug 23, 2015
    Springfield, OH
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    Ok. Guess that is your car. It's beautiful. I've seen it up there.

Seeing that you came from a 360, how is the head and leg room in the murcie compared to the 360?

Im about 6'4"-6'5". I've sat in a 360 and f430 spider and I could fit, I was pretty surprised. I've never sat in a murcielago.

I am pretty cramped in a gallardo spider. Feet have no room and my head is rubbing against the roof even if I scooted the seat forward and leaned it back.

I sat in a Gallardo Edizione Tecnica coupe this weekend and I couldn't even sit with my head up straight. Those fixed seats left no room for me.

13. Brewersprts

Brewersprts Rookie

Aug 23, 2015
    Springfield, OH
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    Same question as in the previous post to you. How do you find the headroom/legroom in the murcie roadster compared to the 360?

14. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Rookie

Jun 18, 2006
  15. Brewersprts

Brewersprts Rookie

Aug 23, 2015
    Springfield, OH
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    I'm not a member on there. Can you post some pics on here?

Also, any idea on the price? I don't see it in the thread.

16. islandguy

islandguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
  17. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Rookie

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    Don't think I ever saw the original question. Anyhow headroom AND legroom are a lot less I admit. I'm about 6'1 and fit comfortably. My knees are slightly bent though and no way to move the seat further back. Headroom, barely none. However once you're sitting and driving you are super comfortable. More so than in the 360. You just have to get in first. Hope that helps?

At 6'4 6'5 it might be a little tight. There is more room than in the Gallardo I know that. But I would def test it to see if you'd fit.

18. plastique999

plastique999 Karting

Nov 9, 2008
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Edward

Art you're Murci is exactly what I'm looking for! White roadster. What year is yours?

Sent from my 16M

19. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    #19 HOF Ferrari, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No, mine is Rossa Andromeda (red) over back and tan. Here's a pic... I'm about 5"10" on a good day...so not sure how 6"4" would fit, but you can try on Sunday... I will also have my '85 Jalpa there.

20. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC Karting
    Giallo Subscribed

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, LI, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Mine is a 2008

21. gsholz

gsholz Rookie

Jan 21, 2006
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    I'm 6' 4" and fit only using the Italian driving position (2003 coupe). I.e. steering wheel fully extended, knees fully apart and the seat forward a bit so the back rest is not vertical. Once tucked in I'd be fine for a couple of hours. Beyond that the seat bottom side rails (barely covered metal) become a literal pain in the ass. Some owners have cut the metal support of the side bolsters.