Miura, the original supercar | Page 802 | LamborghiniChat
News

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

1. #20026 miurasv, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Simon, Simon. (1970.)

Claudione likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mademoiselle de Sade e i suoi vizi. (1969)

4. Lovemaker. (1969)

Claudione likes this.
  5. #20029 miurasv, Jun 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    Lots of Miura (and other Lamborghini) scenes from films in link here, most of which will have been posted in this thread previously, but nice to find them all in one place.

EarlyCat likes this.
  6. P400 #3072.

I have been in contact with Grace Bumbry recently. Since stating the above a few years ago, she has given some thought to the turn of events in 1967 and 1968 and now recalls that her husband Andreas Jaeckel had an accident in P400 #3072 in Germany in 1968, who was obliged to send the car back to the Lamborghini factory at Sant' Agata and confirms that it was rebuilt by the Lamborghini company.

MD68 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. One of the comments is interesting,

Doug's excitement about this car is so obvious in the video, but when he got back from borrowing it to shoot this video, he experienced an equal part something else that I often feel after driving this car: relief. Every drive in this car is an EVENT. Even when it doesn't catch on fire. My dad bought this car in 1974 and it was after its third fire in the late 70s that he took it off the road (well actually it took itself off the road). I was born in the late 80s and the car was never roadworthy during my life until I was 31 years old. As a child, it was deeply disappointing (and not credible) to tell your schoolmates that you had a Lamborghini but it was a paperweight Lamborghini. I'm delighted that it's back on the road now and getting shared with enthusiasts like Doug or Jason Cammisa, but also all of the strangers who approach me when I'm out in it and simply thank me for driving my own car. I've never owned anything that has had that effect on people before. Seeing it on the road is quite literally a dream come true for me.

9. Interesting history on P400S chassis #3850 production number 514, as found in www.miuraregister.com and book The Lamborghini Miura Register. I'd like to see the SV Rear Suspension A Arms that it's stated to have.

Same car in video below:

Thomas Berns and EarlyCat like this.
  10. To remove this ad click here.

11. #20036 miurasv, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  12. Looking at it, front bumper seems chromed like another Miura... #3303

13. #20038 miurasv, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  14. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Hi there, I have a question concerning the production processes of the early Lamborghinis (please correct me if I’m wrong):

It’s 1969... You just ordered the Espada. How will the production processes now look like?

Step 1: Bertone takes a chassis made by Marchese & Co and makes all coachworks

Step 2: The body is getting it’s paint, including the aluminium-hood

Step 3: The car is getting it’s complete interior and also all windows, still at Bertone’s.

Step 4: The whole car is getting transported to Lamborghini and then put on the production line, where all technical components are being added.

Is that correct?

Was this production scenery the same for the Miura? I think the Miura was rather a kind of single production car – not really produced on a production line such as the Espada and much more complex ???

Thanks for inspiration!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. #20040 miurasv, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  16. Steven,
    By process of elimination, my guess is the Slay Ride car was possibly #3258, one of two Rosso Miura P400s in the batch of eight cars that were shipped to Bob Estes late in 1967. No record of its early history, so we can only speculate that it remained in California for some time. Recently brokered through the Kidston team to an Australian buyer, it's currently under restoration in Italy.

Cade's County filming locations were around the Los Angeles area and the two-part Slay Ride episodes would have been shot late 1971 (original air-dates Jan 31 and Feb 6, 1972). The opening sequence with the Miura appears to be on Malibu Canyon Road and the final showdown scene was probably filmed at the old Fox studios ranch in Thousand Oaks, CA.

The license plate may be a mockup/studio plate, a common practice with film productions to this day. The blue/gold color and the alphanumeric sequence match up with period California plates, but I believe a plate with a "Y" sequence would not yet have been in circulation until near the end of the run ('79-'80), so a 1970-'71 plate would have an A through I or J prefix.

Another common practice with production companies is to disguise or remove any readable emblems while filming, the exception being when a show or movie is sponsored by a car company providing picture cars, so that is one possible explanation for the lack of a Miura emblem on the taillight panel.

Aside from the obvious chrome embellishments, the paint and interior appear to be mostly original. My thoughts on the modifications are that they seem somewhat typical of the California style of personalization/customizing seen on some European cars in period, some tasteful, others not so much!

Perhaps it was owned by one of the Cade's County creators/producers or a studio exec at the time. Hard to imagine that it may have been a rental from a private owner, but if so, it wouldn't be the first time a picture car was mistreated by a filmmaker..

Earliest subsequent history I found on #3258 was in this old thread that mentioned its "restoration" in the early 1980s, at which time any previous modifications would have been lost;

https://www.lamborghinichat.com/forum/threads/miura-3258-and-stephanie.157029/

More pics here;

https://www.miura-svj.com/forms/description_lamborghini_miura.php?tbl_0-nb_record=102

Another possible candidate is #3715. Also no early record other than direct sale to an American buyer, although no indication that it spent any time in California. It wore several S embellishments by 1980, when it was featured in Car Collector magazine (misidentified as #3175 and as an early P400S) and located in Michigan.

miurasv and DakotaGT like this.

17. In step 3, you can add also the electric loop too

All models have exactly same scenery... coming from Touring or from Bertone or from Marazzi... as body full equiped on trolleys... then assembly of all mechanical parts... the rear mid engine concept requires another assembly style line versus the one of front V12

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EarlyCat, alan, Astonish78 and 2 others like this.
  18. #20044 miurasv, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Thanks for your reply. The car could have been repainted the colour it is or was, which looks arancio to me but could be Rosso Miura as they state the car is tangerine red and also just red. If repainted, this could also explain the lack of script on the rear panel and simply not put back on or broken during the repaint. It's said the car is a Lamborghini in the dialogue here (and regarding the model: probably the 400 GT (o_O), and remember it's tangerine red).

MD68 likes this.

19. Hello to all,

is there maybe a book about Bertone that describes exactly this topic ?
    I would like to have one that isn't primarily about the vehicle designs, but about the factory itself and how it was producing and working.
    I would appreciate any tip.

Kind regards

Zdenek :)

21. anyway respect for Touring Superleggera !!!

22. fitted with the perfect V12 from Bizzarini. Sound fits with the brand "Lamborghini". Built in 2 examples....

23. Anderloni Sr had the chance to preview the P400 frame in summertime 1965 at Sant'Agata.

He was already into financial troubles, and thought this frame to dress could be his rescue buoy... then after holidays, early september he presented this modello to Ferruccio Lamborghini who wasn't enthusiast for that design... then came the P400 rolling frame Public release at Torino 1965 and the meeting with Nuccio Bertone, the rest is History...