Miura, the original supercar | Page 796 | LamborghiniChat
News

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Miura may have been referred to as the first Supercar by Setright but the origin of the name is somewhat murky. Aston Martin's V8 Vantage from the 1970s is acknowledged as "Britain's First Supercar". Bonus points for anyone that knows who fist called it that and when!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I thought the Ford GT40 was the first Supercar, and was the inspiration for the Miura.

joe sackey likes this.
  4. Indeed that's the other car I have read about which stakes claim as the first Supercar.

5. To me the original supercar is the Mercedes Gullwing. Without question.

joe sackey and Tu160bomber like this.
  6. During it's full restoration the ex-Briggs Cunningham 3249 received a few mechanical upgrades:

The engine was rebuilt with the sump split to SV spec.

Gussets were welded onto the front frame members to increase chassis strength and impede frontal flexing of the chassis to S & SV spec.

Additional welding was made to the chassis to strengthen it to S spec.

An aluminum fuel tank was installed with a new fuel sender to operate the gauge, and a fuel return system was installed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Spyder-Man likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Iranian museum displays cars owned by the royal family

Kindly

Zdenek ;)

9. Princess Ashraf's Miura with 275 GTB wheels.

10. Emanuele Collo was kind enough to make me aware of an old article in MOTOR magazine, July 1970, featuring a road test of a used verde 1967 Miura, which did in fact turn out to be verified as my 1967 P400, #3102 (car 54). For a Christmas gift, my wife and children presented me with an original copy of this magazine! Very interesting old article, and I found the article on the following page about Ferruccio to be almost as entertaining!

Image Unavailable, Please Login MOTOR magazine Miura by William Brunner, on Flickr

Image Unavailable, Please Login MOTOR magazine Miura by William Brunner, on Flickr

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Lamborghini badge on the rear panel, window trim & side sills painted green, and wheels painted black!

13. Yes, it seems that my beloved little #3102 had a very active life early on, and there are photos of several different iterations of it, even over just those first few years.

joe sackey and stevewakefield like this.
  14. /... anyone who could show the content of these books ? I have the SV one which seems to differ

Attached Files:

• 39.jpg
      39.jpg
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Hi Olivier,
    I have one of them (Servizi Assistenza) and cold take photos for your.
    Please sent me your Email address.

joe sackey likes this.

16. Thank you Anton

Here is : info@jaramaregistry.com