Miura, the original supercar | Page 751 | LamborghiniChat
News

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
  2. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    NürScud and Lemacc like this.
  3. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Written in the add:
    L'auto proposée est le chassis 3171, 80e Miura produite et livrée neuve en France en octobre 1967. La voiture était alors dans une configuration Blanche intérieur noir. C'est donc une des premières séries en tôles fines, les plus légères.

L'historique de l'auto est connu avec précision depuis 1989 ou la voiture se trouve alors en Angleterre en vue d'être être complètement restaurée. Cette restauration durera jusqu'en 1993, date à laquelle elle fut immatriculée sous son immatriculation 400 NO. La voiture restera dans les mains du propriétaire avant d'être cédée en 2004 à un autre anglais. Elle sera vendue ensuite en 2010 par la maison d'enchères Coys à un propriétaire Espagnol qui la revendra en 2017 à l'actuel propriétaire

Lemacc likes this.
  4. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Just found the VIN too, thanks Raymond.

5. alberto

alberto Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    EarlyCat, Ciro Izzo and NürScud like this.
  6. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Rookie

Aug 18, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Was it shoot at GA Carrozzeria or at Cremonini ?

7. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
  8. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Cremonini.

The image of the cars coming down the 'line at Bertone SpA is a blown-up screen print.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ciro Izzo and Olivier NAMECHE like this.
  9. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Rookie

Aug 18, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  10. miurasv

miurasv Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #18761 miurasv, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Miura Gold Wheels and Sills.

I asked Del Hopkins a while back which Miuras came with gold wheels and sills. He replied that they only came as an option on the SV, at least on the UK cars.

11. alberto

alberto Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you Olivier. I want to see if I can get a high quality version to make into wall size, like the one in Joe's post.

Olivier NAMECHE likes this.
  12. Lel

Lel Karting

Oct 11, 2007
    I've got a very late "S" where the original color of the wheels, wheel nut wings and the sills were gold.

L-E

13. miurasv

miurasv Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    May I ask what proof there is that your wheels and sills were originally gold from the factory?

14. alberto

alberto Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I apologize for being very late to this discussion, but I am back to working diligently on my restoration and have started to review this thread, started jumping around a bit and ran into this discussion.

Reasonable minds will agree that there are no absolutes in Miura cars, and they were not all built using the same pattern. For example, the Marriott Miura (0706) in period, shows no paint in this area. These are in period pictures. This clearly differs from Ray's car #35. Would be interesting to find out where, between car #2 and car #35, they changed the paint pattern.

Ray, I have taken the liberty of sending you a private message. Would we be able to chat privately via the conversation feature of this site?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Claudione, NürScud and S_AGATA like this.
  15. Lel

Lel Karting

Oct 11, 2007
    When I bought the car four years ago it had silver wheels, nuts and sills (more beautiful?). I had the idea to get the wing nuts chromed and removed the paint from them. There I found that they were golden painted from the beginning. I let them be unchromed. When I later was to change from BF Goodrich to Michelin XWX I found that the wheels (late Miura wheels with raised lettering) were originally painted gold. Of course, wheels and nuts could have been changed over the years. But when I then took of some layers of silver paint from the sills and all down to the where the body number was stamped could see that original color was gold, then it was for sure. This very late "S" had the golden attributes from birth.

L-E

Image Unavailable, Please Login birth. Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. miurasv

miurasv Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Interesting. Thanks. Looks much more beautiful with gold wheels and sills imo.

17. Lel

Lel Karting

Oct 11, 2007
  18. Miura1960

Miura1960 Karting

Apr 25, 2008
    joe sackey likes this.
  19. miurasv

miurasv Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    joe sackey likes this.
  20. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have seen this same gold color on my P400 wheels. However I do not believe my wheels where ever gold. I believe it is a protective coating to protect the magnisium from corrosion, possibly Dow 7 process. I do think it may have been the inspiration to add gold as an option for the wheel color on the later cars.

I also found black under the paint on my spinners. Which is also seen on some period factory photos. Again I do not believe my spinners were black from the factory. I believe it is a black oxide coating used to protect the spinners from rusting.

Cheers Jim

joe sackey and miurasv like this.
  21. Robert W

Robert W Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
    what is the story behind the photo? Looks like another RHD Miura in the same colour behind and a white Miura next to this one???

22. Lel

Lel Karting

Oct 11, 2007
    You may be right Jim.

But on at least fifty wheels that has gone through my hands I’ve seen this gold on just the five belonging to my ”S”. And why should they have been painted silver on just the outsides, as if they were painted after the tyres were mounted.

As the sills have the same golden color next to the primer I’m quite sure the car also had golden wheels and spinners from birth.

Cheers L-E

23. alberto

alberto Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #18774 alberto, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    What number is your car, if I might ask? My guess is that if you found gold on the sills, the car was optioned with gold sills. If the gold on your wheels look like this, then you had gold wheels to begin with.

Black sills were done in period. For example, 3066 had black sills but silver wheels and spinners in period.

joe sackey likes this.
  24. alberto

alberto Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Jim, why do you not think the black spinner is not original?