LP 400S | Page 29 | LamborghiniChat
News

LP 400S

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by 2aftercannonball, Mar 8, 2019.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. I drew it to your attention because if this was your car it would very likely still have the Blaupunkt unit in it.

Placement of the Campagnolo decal by the manufacturer was on the outer lip, not on the concave surface of the wheel, same for the later Ozzeta wheels.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Modulo_B, Ciro Izzo, EMILIO and 3 others like this.
  3. Good eye, I agree

4. After reading a post sometime back referring to the smooth Campagnolo wheels and the decal placement on the concave area of the wheel, I actually noticed a few pictures with exactly that.

5. Correct me if I'm wrong. I read a post by you Joe claiming this was the correct location on the smooth Campagnolo wheels. I tried finding the post with no luck, maybe a year or two back. I did start seeing wheels with that decal location after reading your post. I always thought the outer lip was correct. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. I've always known that the placement of the Campagnolo decal by the manufacturer was generally on the outer lip for the vast majority of cars, so this is the accepted norm.

I should have clarified that placement was generally on the outer lip, that's the missing word.

I have seen 1 or 2 totally original cars which indeed have had the sticker applied to the smooth concave of the wheel, perhaps I was referring to this, IMO the rookie sticker guy did this for half-a-dozen cars and the supervisor got on his case and told him to go back to the outer lip, or something like that. Once again we are reminded that with hand-built cars, there are no absolutes with production specifications of that era.

simpen and 2aftercannonball like this.
  8. The same guys work later in his sticker applying career

simpen likes this.
  9. EMILIO likes this.

10. Amazing Video, lots of info on Ferruccio's Countach

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. LP400S wing Vs QV wing
    an interesting comparison
    you can see the old model is much bigger, more slanted (being a wing, is the only way it should be) and from the second pics you can see the mounts are shorter

to me the only wing that does make sense on a countach is the big low old one ....the flat late model small wing is flat, small and ugly ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wembley, Ciro Izzo, EarlyCat and 2 others like this.
  13. This is the Countach LP400 S Series 2 “low body” VIN 1121122. The only LP400 S delivered new in Giallo Fly. Great picture taken by my friend and fellow Lamborghini historian Kevin Crauwels at event Spa Italia, Belgium in June 2009. This car has also been updated at the www.countach-register.com Check it out!

simpen, Ciro Izzo, gt4me and 4 others like this.
  14. Why did this car sell so cheap? Has the market come down this much or was this a fluke..handful of yrs back this was a $750,000 car. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Peter K. likes this.
  15. No.

Markets go up & down, and cars are vastly different from car-to-car within the same variant, accordingly they have a big range of values, especially the case with classic Lamborghinis.

The market went down off a high in @ 2017, this year so far it's actually on the way back up, according to our statistics.

16. #718 DaniT, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    What about the LP400 S prototype, the muletto based on #1120112?

The picture shows the LP400 S prototype in Bad Neuenahr- Ahrtal, 14th July 1979 and is a repost from Victors "Countach LP400 Vintage Photos" thread post 518 (Pierre Le Mounier from Lamborghini Club France)

Spyder-Man and Peter K. like this.
  17. I'm more amazed at the quality of this photo.........from '79

Tu160bomber and Spyder-Man like this.
  18. Good point!

19. Thread wake up call! US side markers removed on 1121282

Attached Files:

20. And looking much better for it !:cool:

Ciro Izzo likes this.
  21. This is quite a low price for a lowbody. Albiet Bring a trailer wouldnt have been my choice as the seller, Restos on Countaches are very difficuly and thus staggeringly high so any car with issues usually trades a a heavy discount. Yet if this car had few issues I would have quickly bought it for this price. Wish i had not missed it.