LP 400S | Page 29 | LamborghiniChat
News

LP 400S

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by 2aftercannonball, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Lambocars666

Lambocars666 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2010
    FR & CH
    Full Name:
    Victor
  2. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I drew it to your attention because if this was your car it would very likely still have the Blaupunkt unit in it.

Placement of the Campagnolo decal by the manufacturer was on the outer lip, not on the concave surface of the wheel, same for the later Ozzeta wheels.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 2aftercannonball

2aftercannonball Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    Good eye, I agree

4. 2aftercannonball

Sep 23, 2006
    After reading a post sometime back referring to the smooth Campagnolo wheels and the decal placement on the concave area of the wheel, I actually noticed a few pictures with exactly that.

5. 2aftercannonball

Sep 23, 2006
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I read a post by you Joe claiming this was the correct location on the smooth Campagnolo wheels. I tried finding the post with no luck, maybe a year or two back. I did start seeing wheels with that decal location after reading your post. I always thought the outer lip was correct. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I've always known that the placement of the Campagnolo decal by the manufacturer was generally on the outer lip for the vast majority of cars, so this is the accepted norm.

I should have clarified that placement was generally on the outer lip, that's the missing word.

I have seen 1 or 2 totally original cars which indeed have had the sticker applied to the smooth concave of the wheel, perhaps I was referring to this, IMO the rookie sticker guy did this for half-a-dozen cars and the supervisor got on his case and told him to go back to the outer lip, or something like that. Once again we are reminded that with hand-built cars, there are no absolutes with production specifications of that era.

simpen and 2aftercannonball like this.
  7. 2aftercannonball

Sep 23, 2006
    The same guys work later in his sticker applying career

simpen likes this.
  8. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany