Huracan | LamborghiniChat
News

Huracan

Discussion in 'V10 Lamborghinis' started by Gh0st0, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Gh0st0

Gh0st0 Rookie

Jun 2, 2019
    Any huracan owners here? Looking for feedback

Years to avoid
    Overall issues or things to look out for
    Reliability (heard no issues here)
    CPO (not sure how this works with lambo)
    Maintenance costs / intervals (heard these don’t break the bank)
    Happiness with the brand

Thanks in advance

2. Gh0st0

Gh0st0 Rookie

Jun 2, 2019
    Alright, not everyone all at once now.

Booker likes this.
  3. Booker

Booker Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Moderator Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    The users here are mostly interested in older models, but if you dig enough you might find some of the info you are looking for. I will try to do some research for ya and report back...

4. Gh0st0

Gh0st0 Rookie

Jun 2, 2019
    I haven’t run into any negatives yet vs Ferrari but was hoping for more input from owners. Maybe they’re too busy enjoying their cars ?

5. 12097

12097 Karting

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada

The Huracan is just an incredible car.

This is my second summer with my car. (LP610-4 in Rosso Bia)

With the exception of a minor factory recall, there have been no issues.
    To date my maintenance costs have been limited to dealer oil change which are scheduled yearly.

This is my 3rd Lambo.
    I am fortunate enough to own a '87 Countach which is still my dream car.
    My second car was an ultra reliable 2008 Superleggera which was used as a partial trade to move up to the H.

You have a lot of options with the Huracan depending on budget and driving requirements.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Gh0st0 likes this.
  6. Gh0st0

Gh0st0 Rookie

Jun 2, 2019
    Thanks, would think that an awd huracan would be a must with in the Midwest, it seems to be slim pickings since its not a mass produced cars by any means. But looking for the sweet spot for a used one (bottom end of depreciation and certified). Not crazy requirements

7. 12097

12097 Karting

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada

610-4 is a great choice. It has saved my bacon a time or two when I was caught in a driving rain while on a trip.

Are you thinking of coupe or spyder?
    Both are great, but depending on your height, one may be more comfortable than the other.
    Try to get some seat time in each before making a final decision.

If the car is eligible for CPO, you are probably looking at $5k (Canadian) per year .

Hope this helps.

8. Gh0st0

Gh0st0 Rookie

Jun 2, 2019
    Coupe for sure, what’s your opinion the warranty cost, needed ? If the car is pretty solid 5k can buy a lot of maintenance, did you get a ppi done prior to getting your car? Not sure if ppi on lambo is widely done as Porsche or Ferrari

9. 12097

12097 Karting

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    The H was purchased new, so a PPI wasn’t required. I do recommend it for any used purchase though. It is money well spent and has the potential to save you multiples of the cost outlay.

Depending on the age and mileage of the car, it may still have factory warranty. If it does, you can still opt to add extra warranty to the car while it’s under the original warranty.

Whether or not you opt for the extra coverage is a personal choice. These cars are very robust and reliable, but a major mechanical failure (engine/transmission) would cost several times what you pay in extended warranty.

If your budget allows, consider purchasing a car that is slightly newer and still under original warranty or already has the additional warranty. The extra up front cost may get you a model year newer and that is worth something.

One of the best bits of advice I will give you is to find the BEST car you can find in your price range. Sometimes the least expensive cars, have the highest long term costs. ( they are cheap for a reason)

10. Gh0st0

Gh0st0 Rookie

Jun 2, 2019
    Thank for that info. I was under the impression that the trans and v10 in the huracan and pretty worry free, are there any issues that I should be aware of? I don’t plan on any modifications to the car itself

11. 12097

12097 Karting

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    I remember one of the forums I’m on had a member that experienced an engine failure. That’s a relatively low number considering the amount of cars produced to date.

As I said, these are are pretty robust.

Best of luck on the hunt for your future car.

Keep us posted.