Help with a Diablo se30 engine | LamborghiniChat
News

Help with a Diablo se30 engine

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by Modenablack, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Modenablack

Modenablack Rookie

Dec 30, 2016
    Hello Guys
    I am at the end stages off resurecting a se30 back from the dead and having some engine related issues. The car starts up and runs but there is some misfiring happening at low revs.

The car sounds more like a tractor than a supercar at the moment and running a bit rich.

I did the LIE self diagnosis check via key and wondering if anyone could give more insight into this?

The error code sequence is as follows
    L&R flashes x 4
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

L&R flashes x 5
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

L&R flashes x 6
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

L&R flashes x 8
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

L&R flashes x 9
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

L&R flashes x 10
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

L&R flashes x 11
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

L&R flashes x 12
    R flashes x 2
    L&R flashes x 1
    L flashes x 2

R flashes ×16

any insight much appreciated.
    Kind regards
    B

2. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I would start by clearing the codes in the LIE's as they store them up. By clearing the codes, and restarting then you will only see the codes the motor is currently throwing. Once you clear the codes, fire it back up, read the codes, and post the results. If you have never done it before, balancing the banks and setting the TPS can be tricky - and getting those wrong will throw codes.

I believe the LIE is different for the SE30. I have a 91, and the blink codes are attached below - not sure if this applies to the SE30 or not, you need to find a manual for the SE30 to determine.

Geno
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Those first 12 codes should be the same for your SE, the additional codes are for traction control.

4. TSS

TSS Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    UK
    I thought I’d check the error codes on my SE30 as I’ve never looked before, but there didn’t seem to be any stored.

I used the procedure I found on another forum: Turn the ignition to the first on position and then off again 3 times, then turn it on a fourth time it should flash the codes. Is this correct?

All mine did was light everything up as normal and then the lights go out and the check engine lights went out too. Does this mean I have no stored codes or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,

TSS

5. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    If you don't have a check engine light on, then you have no stored error codes.

But yes, that is the correct way to check for the error codes.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  6. TSS

TSS Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    UK
    Thanks for the quick reply. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

7. cfeltner@lamborghini

Jul 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Feltner
    Make sure the fuel injectors are wired correctly seen that before. They should be labeled 1 through 12. It’s possible the banks have been swapped

8. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    My 6,0 had similar symptoms. Sat at the service dealer in Orlando. Computers and every poss code was checked. No result. It ended up beeing extensive corrosion in the electrical harness located under the cosmetic cover, attached to the top of the engine,(the one wich covers the centre part of the engine) ended up beeing an easy fix.

9. Modenablack

Modenablack Rookie

Dec 30, 2016
    Problem sorted..... 2 issues, bad connector for the Lie to ignition module and the throttle position sensor was out of range.

fires up first time now and much happier now on that front. on to the next issue, I changed the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder and now can not engage any gears when engine is running, symptoms are that when I depress the clutch pedal it does not come all the way up when leased. thought is was air in the pipes but I have bled the clutch nearly 10 times now. I picked up the car with all parts separated and I have followed the workshop manual in setting the distance of the slave cylinder to the clutch fork. wondering if I have done this part wrong?

With engine not running I can engage all the gears..
    on to the next issue, I changed the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder and now can not engage any gears when engine is running, symptoms are that when I depress the clutch pedal it does not come all the way up when leased. thought is was air in the pipes but I have bled the clutch nearly 10 times now. I picked up the car with all parts separated and I have followed the workshop manual in setting the distance of the slave cylinder to the clutch fork. wondering if I have done this part wrong?

With engine not running I can engage all the gears..

EarlyCat likes this.