Gold Wheels | Page 7 | LamborghiniChat
News

Gold Wheels

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Peter K., Nov 19, 2014.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula 3

May 14, 2017
    Agreed. Whether original or restored, maintain the cars as they left the factory.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Sure, I hear you Joe. Which is why I'm doing the research first to ensure that it's correct on the first application.

joe sackey likes this.
  4. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

It's the 1036 you recommended a page earlier. It does look somewhat different without the tire shine & in different light, but it is different than your wheel color, the point for Rob I was making. The color does appear on more than a few Miura's as well, suggesting that Lamborghini had several formulas.

joe sackey and Spyder-Man like this.
  5. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  6. topcarbon

topcarbon Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2006
    EarlyCat and Spyder-Man like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #156 joe sackey, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    I suggested that formula absent Dugan being available to comment, but I also suggested Rob contact Harry whose wheels are actually correct for original spec, as I said, that's the easiest way for Rob to go.

Most repainted gold wheels are too dark or dense, with not enough silver tint, hardly any metal flake ending up in a bronze look, and almost always too glossy, it's a bit of a minefield, which is partially why I'm not a fan of trying to replicate gold wheels, some get it correct, most don't.

Anyway, we are now proliferating the Downdraft thread with LP500Ss and Fuelies, can we please move all the gold wheels discussion to the appropriate place here please https://www.lamborghinichat.com/forum/threads/gold-wheels.468298/ , thanks.

9. Jonny English

Jonny English Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    JONATHAN MARTIN
  10. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

I would, easily reverted back. I have never been a fan of black wheels though.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    This morning.
    Gold Wheels are as cool as it gets. My opinion, of course.
    But there is more than one shade, more than 2 perhaps.
    And many more if you take into account all the shops that have painted wheels gold with their own renderings and claim "that's it, that's the color".

[​IMG]

13. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    And Yes, I still have the five 20 spoke prototype wheels that the car was born with :)

14. Jonny English

Jonny English Rookie

Dec 14, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    JONATHAN MARTIN
    what shade of gold would you go for on the Perfomante?

15. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

I think the gold like on the Miura would look great, however in your case I would just enjoy the car for a moment, after you get it. One benefit of the stock color, is that it is either baked on or powder coated. It's a finish more durable than anything done aftermarket.