Gallardo - Gallardo vs. 430 Operating costs? | LamborghiniChat
News

Gallardo Gallardo vs. 430 Operating costs?

Discussion in 'V10 Lamborghinis' started by nsx2F355, Jul 25, 2018.

1. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I'm close to being in the market on either of the above mentioned. Had a 355 and not about to go that route again. If anyone has any input on either of these being more or less expensive to own that would be very helpful. Both cars would be F1 versions and coupes. The Gallardo I know makes a pretty significant body style change. The newer one seems to be a bit more than a 430 but worth the jump if its more reliable. Any issues to look out for would also be very helpful. My thanks in advance.

2. If you have the chance go for a 560 one not the 520 or 500hp. The 560 is much more reliable and less expensive in maintenance. Clutch is a weak spot on the 500 and 520hp versions, as well some have issues with the engine. The clutch of the 560 is good for 60'000 miles and more.

3. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thank you, That is exactly the information that I am looking for.

4. robfants

robfants Rookie

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Rob Fants
    Just as a matter of interest I am looking at a 355 manual. Could you advise me why you'd stay away from the 355? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. PineChris

PineChris Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This is misleading info. The early cars are extremely reliable, and the clutch issue was fixed long ago . I had 2 early Gallardos, one an SE which I drag raced repeatedly, the other a Twin Turbo 04 with the Lambo clutch in place making over 1000awhp with zero issues.

6. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    Go up in the 355 section and read everything. The 355 has its share of problems. Exhaust manifolds, which seem to be a problem even on the 430, valves , engine out belt service every 3 (or is it 5?) years. The 430 has a timing chain btw. 360 has a belt which does not require an engine out.

robfants likes this.