Fuel Line 1968 Espada | LamborghiniChat
News

Fuel Line 1968 Espada

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Front-Engined' started by Chadbourn Bolles, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Have a 68 Espada NEED HELP.
    Gas line from rear to front of car. How the HECK do you feed it through the body from the rear.

At one time someone fed an aluminum line from the rear through the body, problem is you can usually ONLY bend aluminum one way, maybe 2 times, BUT not 3 since it had a crack showing up in it. Has to be replaced.

Took me about 3 hours to remove the old piece, since it is not a straight shot, but around a few curves.

Now trying to replace it with a flex line, but so far not much luck. I can get a lot of the new line in, but cannot get it to feed all the way through.

Any suggestions, naturally will be . APPRECIATED FOR SURE.

Chadbourn Bolles

2. Daren

Daren Rookie

Jan 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Chad Can you reinstall the Aluminium pipe in the rear body section then attach it to the new hose by tape or hose clamp and then remove the aluminium pipe pulling the the hose through with it. Like a draw through wire the electricians use. Possible some fencing wire instead of the aluminium pipe might be better
    Daren

3. staatsof

staatsof Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Hiddin' in da garden
    Full Name:
    Boo
    Replace it with the copper nickle Cunifer alloy brake tubing. Front driver's seat & rear seat bottom cushions have to come out Chad. Carpet gets pulled back and any gasoline soaked carpet and padding has to go. The line runs along the left sill inside the cat then up along the left side of the driver's footwell and staright up through horizontal bulkhead. Exit's the rear interior about midway behind the bottom bottom seat cushion again through the bulk head. I utilized double male bulkhead fittings in both spots in the interior for the tubing to terminate onto. Then inside the engine compartment and in the rear axle area I made the transition to regular fuel hose.

Or ... just run it under the bottom of the car like they did in the Jarama. Not sure hwy they did this?

4. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    I can get to everything just fine. The original line was a flex bradded SS line that. I feel sure was snaked through the holes. So the problem is, the exit hole in the interior of the car is higher than the exit hole under the car. So the line has to go in and make 90 degree turn down, then, I think another like turn before showing up at the other end.. I am going to try and snake a small line through the holes then attach that to the new line and snake it back through everything..
    I will not give up, I may go crazy, but will not give up.
    Thanks everybody

5. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

JL350 likes this.