Friends of Monte Patterson | LamborghiniChat
News

Friends of Monte Patterson

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by italiancars, May 30, 2012.

1. italiancars

italiancars Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #1 italiancars, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We all need to Blend Together in this difficult time to Support Monte, Gina and their Families with our Love and Prayers....

Please let everyone know that Monte is at the following Hospice facility. Gina said he would be there for 5-6 days then she will meet with Hospice to see what happens next.

Hospice of the Comforter, 480 W. Central Parkway, Altamonte Spgs 32714

Room 108 (Hospice House)

407 682-0808

Hours: Mon – Sun 6AM – 5:30AM

Monte enjoys having visitors but wears out after about 5-10 minutes.

Message from "Friends of Monte Patterson" site

Thanks to those who contributed photos and if you have not already done so, please share a photo or comment for Monte.

http://friendsofmontepatterson.shutterfly.com/.

Site Name: Friends of Monte Patterson
    Site URL: http://friendsofmontepatterson.shutterfly.com/
    Site Password: Monte
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks for sharing...

3. Lambowill

Lambowill Rookie

Apr 8, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Willaim
    what's going on with Monte?

Will

4. Ray G

Ray G Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
  5. italiancars

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Rookie
    Not Subscribed

Monte Passed Peacefully This Morning
    Hello,

My name is Michael Patterson. I am one of Monte Patterson's three sons.

It is with great regret and heartache that I am posting this here this evening.

After a difficult battle with cancer, my dad Monte passed away peacefully this morning. Thank you for your well wishes and stories. Please continue to post your stories and photos with Monte as we celebrate his life. We look forward to reading of your adventures and would like your permission to use your photographs at his memorial.

Thank you for your love and friendship with Monte.

Sincerely,

Michael J Patterson

6. Ray G

Ray G Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Michael,
    Thank you for posting this. Your dad was a true gentleman. We were all lucky to have him in the car community. All the best to you and your family in this difficult time.

7. Lambowill

Lambowill Rookie

Apr 8, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Willaim
    Michael,
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I only had a couple times meeting with Monte, one I'll never forget as he drove me and Michelle over to the restoration facility when they were doing that wonderful restoration on the blue LP400. He gave us quite the tour, something I'll always remember. The other times were at the various shows I attended in which he was present representing Lamborghini of Longwood..Thank you for the opportunity to see a great marque up close and personal. My prayers to you and your family at this time.

Sincerely,
    Will

8. kaoss

kaoss Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Monte was awesome. I had the pleasure of spending some time with him at Bentley Nashville looking back on the several Giro events we were both on, sharing stories and just kicking back. Sad to hear that he has passed away. He will be missed.

RIP Monte...I'll be sure to fire up the Lambo in your honor.

9. KennyD

KennyD Rookie

Jun 4, 2012
    I met Monte about six months ago in Nashville, TN and we had many wonderful dicussions about all kinds of topics but of course they all centered around fine automobiles.

Monte was the sole individual responsible for helping me get over the hump to buy my Maserati. I think about him every time I get into my car. If it weren't for Monte I would still be waiting around trying to find the right time to do it. He reminded me that he'd met many men over the years that always talked about doing something like this in a few years but that somehow things never materialized. I took his advice to heart and will forever be thankful for is help and for our great chats together. He was a true afficionado.

My prayers go out to his family.

Ken Denton

10. italiancars

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #10 italiancars, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. drjohngober

drjohngober Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I never met your Dad but after reading the responses, your Father was a great guy and truly liked by all that met him.
    I am so sorry for your loss but I pray you get a few moments of comfort knowing that if he made an such a great impression with some guys who share a passion for cars, he must have made an even greater impact on friends that he knew in the every day world.

12. jdanosborn

jdanosborn Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Just heard the news of Monte's passing this morning. It was a great pleasure to have been able to know him as well as learn from him. He was a unique and rare person who always had time for anyone and took the best of care of everyone. I once had the opportunity to talk a walk around the Monterey Concours with him and what was clear was both his knowledge and the respect that others freely gave to him.

For those of us who are in or aspire to be in the automotive business we have a tall example to try and emulate and that is likely the best tribute we can make every day...

13. Keirmon

Keirmon Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    Knowing Monte for 12+ years a good friend was lost.
    RIP Monte.
    Thanks for all the memories. You will be missed.

14. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Monte was a dear friend to the entire Italian Car community, may he rest in peace.

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I am sad to hear of Monte's passing. He was always inviting and generous.

I miss him, a fine gentleman and always brightened any day.

I was actually in Orlando the day of his memorial (was not aware of it then), if I recall correctly there was a bit of fierce downpour at 4pm.

Rest in Peace Monte