First Supercar advice please. | LamborghiniChat
News

First Supercar advice please.

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by Jh0330u, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Jh0330u

Jh0330u Rookie

Jul 6, 2019
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Jay and my father is looking to purchase his first exotic super.

He asked me for some advice and recommendations for supercars but I can only afford and drive a Porsche 911s... So, even though I like sports cars, my knowledge around this level of car is very limited or lacking...

Since my knowledge is lacking, I thought it would be good to start off by stopping by few dealerships such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, and an exotic car dealership with various brands like Mclarens
    His interests are all over the place (both in level and price of car... we looked at the 812Superfast, Huracan performante, aventador s roadster, to mclaren 720s, 570s) but he showed the most interest in the Aventador S Roadster and Mclaren 720s. He does seem to like the flashier Lamborghini designs over Ferrari and wanted a new one for warranty but I lack too much knowledge to tell him if thats a good idea or not, how well the cars can hold its value, or anything at all.. if you could give me some advice and recommendations it would be so much appreciated! Maybe it could also be a good idea for a video in the future as well? Thank you so much in advanced for any of your help!

2. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Karting

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    I'll chime in since no on is answering.

The older cars hold value better- Countach and Diablo. They are plenty flashy in addition to being classic. It's more maintenence but if you don't mind learning the car it's a labor of love.

The new cars are faster, better built, and more reliable. The production numbers are way higher on new cars, so I'd say the older cars are more rare and special.

Ellagirl, Ciro Izzo and S_AGATA like this.
  3. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    That much money to spend with THAT little knowledge on the matter, with a side order of indecisiveness- all I can say is does it matter? Buy “whatever”.

4. Jh0330u

Jh0330u Rookie

Jul 6, 2019
    Thank you for your input!
    However, my father is getting old and is at the age of retirement so he prefers something newer so he wouldn't have to be so hand on.
    I'd like to (actually maybe not too often) but I wouldn't be able to go by to help him out with the car all the time.

He was considering the Mclaren 675lt but it seems they don't hold value very well.
    I think the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster seems like they hold value extremely well (especially a year or two used with good mileage) for few years but not sure how well it would hold as more years pass.

5. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Karting

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    If holding value is the objective, perhaps a Ford GT is the best move.

For an older guy, I think most of these cars are pretty hard to drive. Maybe some of the guys with new Lambos can weigh in on what's good for someone older to dive. I have drove the new ones here and there, but not very often.