Countach QV FI Thread | Page 79 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach QV FI Thread

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by johnhoughtaling, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Ok - I just didn't see them in Eurospares which made me wonder - learning new things every day!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I should have! All these subtle differences are good to see!

4. ken qv likes this.
  5. And here I was thinking yours was counterfeit!

6. Yes - I did - as Joe posted above. My detailer took that pic at the Lamborghini America club event - was fantastic fun!

Ellagirl and joe sackey like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. That was my next thought - I wonder if the parts bin became a bit of a special thing during this time!

Indeed - that's my car (plate is hard to miss) and thank you Joe for arranging that deal. I'm very happy with that car, and it's lived up to every expectation! I love having a survivor in such great condition!

Ellagirl and joe sackey like this.
  9. We messed up Dean.. we should have taken some proper pictures of our cars together.. with Leo also. It is still rare to have downdraft cars together. This is about the best I have:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. #1958 Rossocorsa1, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    That is such a great view

11. I think there are some of us on the road together - me behind you at least but often while you swerved left I swerved right to be in the other side of the frame.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Here's another of your cars together by our roving Sam S, and yes a Downdraft gathering is very rare.

Ellagirl, dinonz308 and Spyder-Man like this.
  14. Carlos on the side of the road.. in his defense that car has the complete original ignition components, hence in the heat of traffic it occasionally would take a union break.

15. The Pet Wolf licence plate car, what exhast is he running? Also does it sound good?

16. Spoke to Tim at George Evans yesterday, (getting rear shock bushings for my car) they are really busy in mechanical Countach and Diablo big money jobs, owner’s are really spending it on their cars. The wolf of Wallstreet anniversary car getting a complete engine rebuild. Amongst others.

17. Not sure.. but no, it didn’t sound how a Countach should sound. Simply LOUDER doesn’t mean better. Although many seem to think so. Important thing though is He likes it.

Spyder-Man and Lel like this.
  18. Ok i know your judgment, brutally honest , will leave the subject alone until I experience the wibe.

19. I was told it was a Kreissieg, and it was very loud. I agree with Ken - I don't think it sounded the way a Countach should do. Sounded more like my Diablo, that has a LOC exhaust on it.

20. Some tlc. New fuel pump /tank connector hose and 1-1/4 bottom connector hose between the left/right tank. At the same time , good opportunity to refurbish the inner front side rear wheel well fiberglass cover with rubber flaps and copper rivets. Fun stuff

ken qv, Spyder-Man and Jalpa_Mike like this.
  21. For those of you still running the original transfer hose(2) connecting the fuel tanks together, this is what it looks like on the innside.

Adamo Cerquozzi likes this.
  22. A fire waiting to happen. I changed mine about 12 years ago when I had motor out for clutch service. I just had to replace the hose again this past spring.

Ellagirl likes this.
  23. I will add i have replaced every hose on my car during my ownership , not because they blew up, but for age reasons. I will also admitt these 2 hoses might have been replaced in 09 when i had the clutch done, wich makes it even more important to have them replaced ,for those of you that have not done so.

24. Did mine 12 yrs ago.. so they are due again. Thanks so much for the reminder!