Countach QV FI Thread | Page 74 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach QV FI Thread

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by johnhoughtaling, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Cars and coffe again this morning at the Porsche dealer. Good times.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    #1827 Ellagirl, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Very industrial bussiness look. Cool and sexy. 12 runners.v12 Lamborghini exlusive qv engine cast aluminum ,bosch fuel injection inntake manifold, huge part of Countach history.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jalpa_Mike and Tu160bomber like this.
  4. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

I saw one of your boats yesterday. I would guess 40' or more. Center console, blue, Nor-tech on the side & (4) 400 hp outboards. Looked new. Very nice!

5. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    #1829 Ellagirl, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Thanks. Poss a 39 if 400 s. 45 we mostly use 450 s i think we are biggest consumers of 450 s in the world. V8 4,6 liter supercharged outboards. A masterpiece,all made in the US ,60k a pop. Counted almoust 50 of them last week in the plant. Off topic. My apologies. We also do a lot fof real world testing props /water pressure and such with Merc racing. Built our own in house motors back in the early mid 2000,s a few hundred,1100 hp, supercharged innboards,but became obsolete once Mercury introdusced their quad cam 9,2 litre,32 valve twin turbo v8, Still have the dyno,but leased out

Tu160bomber and EarlyCat like this.
  6. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Question to the Quattrovalvole FI owners. A customer of mine has a QV FI MY88. The car is quite original, original US spec exhaust headers, cats, original muffler. Currently the engine is out for a big service. I am trying to convince him to mount an ANSA sport exhaust. Does anybody know if the ANSA exhaust is fitting withou any modifications on the FI QV? The headers are still the original US spec, does the ANSA exhaust pipes fit on them? Furthermore any other things which could be problematic? I have changed and sold many ANSA exhausts units for different Countach versions over the years, but FI is new to me.

Best, Leo

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    If engine out. Do headers and complete Ansa aftermarket i for sure would ,when/if my car is rrady for a re do , the key is headers.

9. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Leo, the man who can answer this question and also supply you what you need is of course Emilio http://www.emiliospareparts.com/?goods=coutach-exhaust

Meanwhile, till he does I can tell you that you can indeed fit an Ansa F1 exhaust to the Fuelie, either with the original USA DOT headers in situ, or, you can replace the entire system with Ansa headers and Ansa sports exhaust.

The proviso is that you will definitely have some minor modifications to make, mainly to the mounting points of the unit, and to the 4 connector pipes that connect the headers to the exhaust unit. As with any variant of Countach, all muffler systems must be fit to the actual car, this is not exactly a bolt-on application, time must be spent mocking and then fitting the unit so that is sits perfectly balanced if you want the tips to extrude from the rear evenly on both sides and for the unit to appear symmetrical and sit perfectly horizontal when viewed from the rear.

I believe the Ansa units come with a centrally-placed single mounting bracket and a pair of separate brackets which you have to weld on yourself, you need lateral support for the unit, otherwise heat cycles and the engine's vibration can cause the unit to shift. Bear in mind the two spring-loaded mounting points as affixed to the chassis for the original box muffler unit provided adequate support to secure it from lateral movement may have to be adjusted.

Basically, if the shop is skilled in fabrication, what you are proposing to your client should be no problem at all.

Lemacc and johnhoughtaling like this.
  10. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    Why didn't they remove the trunk section before installing the engine?
    You may want to point that out to them for in the future as I believe it would have made thing a bit easier.

S_AGATA and joe sackey like this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Nearly daily i am in contact with Emilio. I already asked him. But since FI are quite rare here in Europe, he was also not sure. I wanted some info first hand from persons who converted to ANSA. But thank you for your reply. As you already stated, the middle mounting point needs to be sorted out and all need to be aligned.

I noted ANSA has also sport mufflers available for FI´s which look different to "normal" units:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Countach-4V-25th-Anniversary-Edition-ANSA-Exhaust-Muffler-New/183875124121

Best,
    Leo

13. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Jalpa_Mike, Tu160bomber and EarlyCat like this.
  14. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Wich beggs the question this 12 runner cast alu set up is really good looking.

15. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Parking looks tight. Good job you have scissor doors! :D

Tu160bomber and EarlyCat like this.
  16. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Where was that cars and coffee Nils ? I need to add it to my list when I return to Florida

17. blown daytona

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland

The exaust architecture on a FI and DD car is the same. Like all Countach's, the exaust will not fit 100 percent. When I did mine, I used the Quick Silver muffer and installed the muffler only first. I have access to a pipe bending machine and had to slightly bend a couple of the connecting pipes to make the muffler hang perfectly strait. On the quick silver I did have to enlarge the exaust tip openings (they were larger than stock) on the heat shield (do not know if you will have the same issue with the ANSA). I installed the headers about a year later and had to bend another pipe slightly. Depending on your customers budget, I would highly recommend doing both the headers and the muffler while the engine is out. I did my headers with the engine in and it took lots of patience and time. Replacing the muffler alone engine in or out makes no difference. The headers make the biggest difference in performance compared to the crap exaust logs that came in the FI cars. Replacing the stock cats and muffler with the ANSA (or quick silver) will save a lot of weight also. Hope this helps

18. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    it is the third Sunday of each month,this places it right between the Porsche dealer event wich is first Sunday of each month. location is the corner of Cape Coral pkw,and Chiquita blvd. Dunkin donuts/Lobster lady parking lot. great turn out, might move to Surfside shops,if the attendance keep growing,thanks for asking,is your TR still down here?

blown daytona likes this.
  19. blown daytona

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    No, I only have room for one toy at a time in Ft. Myers. Swapped the TR out for my 930 last year, now I have my Viper GTS there.

Tu160bomber and Ellagirl like this.
  20. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Thanks for your response :)

21. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    My bi weekly praise of this fantastic Countach variant. Never stops to impress. Starts up in a second. Super quick and powerful. Love it. Just amazing 14 years of ownership and counting. There will be stabelmates. But this one is going nowhere, poss the best all around Countach variant

22. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I've never seen these units before with the exhaust tips like that.

Correct, the Fuelie's chassis has this feature to accommodate the height of the fully-assembled engine unit.

23. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Looking good, John!!!!

24. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Will you be in town this weekend?

25. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Countach trunk is great. Loaded with NorTech shirts for best cars in todays Cars and coffe , best exotic best tuner best American muscle. Great time great people.