Countach project | Page 4 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach project

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by Chadbourn Bolles, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    lol, funny, but surly a big gap here in mecanical knowledge, one side sells used cars,the other does not.

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You are right, our platforms are very different as far as Countachs are concerned, I'm a professional, you're an amateur.

You know a little bit about boats from what we can gather, but that knowledge doesn't transfer, and it's clear from your posts since 2014 onwards that you know little about the Countach (from a fact-based technical, restoration, historical & market perspective), precious little about the Fuelie, even less about the Downdraft.

Correct, you do not sell any Countachs, FWIW I mainly sell Ferrari Supercars, but the Countachs are kind of a personal thing, we proudly sell a fair number of Countachs, and mechanical knowledge helps sell them.

Meanwhile, I am confident my mechanical knowledge of Countachs is significantly superior to yours, you've never restored a single Countach, much less 5 of them over the past 34 years, nor do you have the experience of owning multiple examples all the mechanical iterations of Countach the factory made as I have: LP400, LP400S, LP500S, Downdraft, Fuelie 25ths, your mechanical knowledge is limited to one Fuelie, so yes, there's definitely a big gap in mechanical knowledge.

3. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Joe you said,
    "As regards the McLaren F1, really, that car is an Apples to Oranges comparison with the Countach QV.

The reason is, there is only one version of the McLaren F1 as far as the McLaren factory is concerned, the Eu/ROW version. This is a fact, anyone can ask McLaren themselves and they will confirm this, as I did when I went to Woking in person in 2018. The DOT bumper mods done by the USA compliance agents to the 7 cars were cosmetic applications which were easily reversible. "

I get your opinion! You place such significance in who modified the cars, and the resulting legal conclusions that define a legal model difference. As a lawyer, I truly understand the facts and your conclusions. Amd I understand why to you it is apples to oramges. I gave you my reasons why I think its completely amalogous. I see two models where entities reluctantly made the same horribly modified bumper modifications to get cars to pass the same law. The bumper appendages look very similar -to bith-you are correct that the F1 was done better and less of a hack job than the Countach). I therefore see the same facts as you, and explained the reasoning why i think the differences were not apples to oranges and in fact, apples to apples. We need to get a car into the US. We horribly modify the bumpers in the same way amd then revert them. You count that the factory did one, and thus imported as a model difference, as significant. I get it. And Im sure you can follow my reasoning without agreeing to it. Thats ok. We both agree on the solution.

Ive considered adding a Mac F1 to my collection at some point, and it will not have DOT bumpers in place!

joe sackey likes this.
  4. Ellagirl

Ellagirl Formula 3

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    you will promote whatever is on your lot, on any given day

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

I see what you are saying and am able to understand your thought process as you now explain it, yes we agree, removal of the DOT appendages is only a good thing!