Countach Downdraft | Page 621 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach Downdraft

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Spyder-Man, alan and Ciro Izzo like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Covid slowed everything down! Only consolation was I would not been able to drive it!

4. #15503 johnhoughtaling, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  5. Always awesome to see these cars being enjoyed and on the road!

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Congratulations, one can see the care to detail that went into the resto - now enjoy it!

Matthones likes this.
  8. Matthones likes this.
  9. Matthones and Adamo Cerquozzi like this.
  10. To remove this ad click here.

11. Bravo!

12. Excellent episode of interest to owners whose cars are not garage or show Queens:

Ciro Izzo, Adamo Cerquozzi and EMILIO like this.
  13. Beautiful Bleu Tahiti 1987 Countach Downdraft just shown at Villa D'Este Concours D'Elegance missing the blackout paint on the seams at the bottom of the sills on both sides, a fairly major omission for a car being shown at what's regarded as a prominent Concours event, unfortunately the majority of restored cars shown at Concours aren't fully correct-for-period.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

EMILIO, Ciro Izzo and Spyder-Man like this.
  14. And the satin black near the rear side window on top of the NACA duct

15. Friends - I am looking to acquire an original, unrestored shift knob in superb condition. If you have one or know where I can find one, please message me, Much appreciated.

16. Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  17. A colleague who saw the car and sent me the image above noted a few other items besides, that said Bleu Tahiti is stunning on any Countach, the presenters of this car claimed there are only two in this livery.

Ciro Izzo and Ellagirl like this.
  18. What would be the correct style then? Seems to run from the top of the window to the bottom of the airbox

19. It's correct.

Without specifically referring to this particular car, I'll say that the most common minor incorrect detail with concours cars is the exhaust presentation (we have spent a couple pages addressing this earlier in this thread). However the major incorrect detail with restored cars is almost always the interior, which often features too-thick matte leather, stitching that doesn't resemble the original application, poor panel fitment, incorrect components, and padding doesn't mimic the original shape. The interior is the first thing check when I see a restored Countach, and more often than not it isn't authentic to period.

cnpapa24 and simpen like this.
  20. EMILIO, Rossocorsa1, EarlyCat and 2 others like this.
  21. Bertocchi likes this.
  22. Bertocchi likes this.
  23. :) Much better than the hundreds red car.

24. Bravo for returning it to it's original stunning livery, if it hasn't been done already, get Cremonini to do the missing the blackout paint on the seams at the bottom of the sills on both sides, it's a very easy remedy.

Bertocchi likes this.