Countach Downdraft | Page 615 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach Downdraft

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Oct 25, 2015.

1. #15351 joe sackey, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    $274,000.

Indeed it's apparently a USA Fuelie that's been modified - which means it's in the wrong thread.

A Downdraft coming into the USA nowadays needs absolutely no mods at all on account of age, and a Downdraft coming into the USA in the Nastasi era or thereabouts and brought into compliance would not need most of the components Rossocorsa1 mentioned, beside side-markers.

The real clues that prove this Countach to be a USA Fuelie are the USA raised fuel-filler nozzle, the obviously fake Downdraft engine cover, the riveted-on factory USA VIN & spec plates located on the driver's door jamb in the factory-mandated location, the factory USA Unleaded Fuel Only sticker below the warning lights, and more besides.

Then there's the fact that a genuine Downdraft sells in the market today for anywhere between 2 to 3 times and more than the number this car achieved. It brought what it did because the buying public has learned to become discerning with Countachs.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. All good points. Whatever variant you will bring this back to, will be a long ,time consuming expensive road,

joe sackey and Spyder-Man like this.
  4. Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  5. mrp_e likes this.
  6. 610 QV and 544 are downdrafts?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I think that's a typo, perhaps he meant 344.

9. I thought it was not known accurately what the spilt is between DD and FI cars? Or, am I a hermit? :D

10. This Downdraft is a superbly original which we rarely see these days, we looked at it for a client and appraised it around $800,000 (he ended up purchasing a race-car instead) and I think it should bring around that. We are trading nice Downdrafts between $750k and $1m, but the upper number is far off a record price for a Downdraft.

Kidston published just over 300 cars, add a few to that.

mrp_e likes this.
  11. [QUOTE="joe sackey, post:
    Kidston published just over 300 cars, add a few to that.[/QUOTE]

Surely the factory must have records of what the true number is? I mean after all, its quite a differnece between FI and DD engines. After all these years and with the people at Polo holding the papers, you would have thought an answer was available?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Someone just has to take the time and make a count.

14. Surely the factory must have records of what the true number is? I mean after all, its quite a differnece between FI and DD engines. After all these years and with the people at Polo holding the papers, you would have thought an answer was available?[/QUOTE]

There will be an answer very soon! The Lamborghini Registry will be publishing the records of every Countach produced next Monday. : )

15. There will be an answer very soon! The Lamborghini Registry will be publishing the records of every Countach produced next Monday. : )[/QUOTE]

Someone just took time to make the count!

16. alan, EarlyCat and Spyder-Man like this.