Countach Downdraft | Page 595 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach Downdraft

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Thank you, and they do go better when they are run regularly.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I read on IG from Lambos Downunder that the Fosters Blue Downdraft is going back to it's original unique color, that's awesome, an icon will be reborn.

Love that little kid behind the 'wheel.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Spyder-Man, Rossocorsa1 and Ciro Izzo like this.
  4. To remove this ad click here.

5. Do you drain all flammable fluids prior to loading the car on the plane? We shipped a car this way back 20 or so years ago, seem to remember the fluids where drained from the car.

6. For a car, coach would be ocean transport.

I believe you are correct, but we leave this to the professionals who handle our transportation https://www.carseurope.net/car-air-freight/

7. Swiss delivered it seems.

8. To remove this ad click here.

9. Yes, correct.

Many Swiss delivered cars are now in the USA.

10. So how many DD are in the US? 30-35?

11. That's about right.

12. Not that many made it here compared to how many were produced. But more then 10 years ago where I believe around 15-20 were here.

13. At this point we are responsible for brining in @ 12 cars.

14. It’s been mentioned before that the downdraft had a change in its transmission during its production cycle. Can someone please give greater context around this, such as:

- From what to what?
    - When did the change happen?
    - Was this all done in house, or was a supplier brought in?
    - Any other meaningful differences?

15. It was a Lamborghini made box at first, then went to a ZF box later on. It happened relatively early in QV production. Mechanics I talk to who see these boxes say the ZF is much more robust and seems it was needed for the extra power. I haven’t seen two boxes together to make any personal judgements really on what’s different.

joe sackey likes this.
  16. Got it. I’m guessing mine being an early QV from 85 likely has the Lamborghini box.

EMILIO likes this.
  17. #14869 joe sackey, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Correct, only the 1985 Downdrafts have the Lamborghini box, the ZF boxes are essentially from 1986 onwards. Having driven many cars with both the latter feels more precise and is quieter IMO, for example GLA12997’s box makes very little sound, whereas the earlier cars have a shrill whine at midrange cruising speeds.

18. The ZF box is a very precise, direct and robust gearbox. A welcome upgrade from the Lamborghini box.

Tu160bomber likes this.
  19. agreed, my box is very precise, around town, or highway, cold or hot, it has a very confident feeling.

20. And Luxembourg...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. #14874 Rossocorsa1, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Please god, someone buy this car and return it to its proper glory.

Tu160bomber and Ellagirl like this.
  22. For the love of god . . But would not take a lot to revert to correct condition. Externally at least. For a 88½ car, the wing looks more 400s to me. :eek: