Countach Decals restoration | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach Decals restoration

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Aficior, May 30, 2019.

1. Aficior

Aficior Rookie

May 30, 2019
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Robert-Jan de Ridder
    Dear Lamborghini Community,

I browsed your beautiful forum and tried to find the answer to my question with the help of the Search-function, but I must admit I need your help.

A very dear friend of mine here in The Netherlands recently purchased the dream car of his live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am sort of his dedicated detailer and now we are making plans for detailing his car to perfection and protecting it with a ceramic coating.

Prior to that work I studied the car and noticed the missing paint on the decals on the two pictures below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how to detach these decals, so we can restore the paint, before putting them back on the car? Are these decals mounted with pins or are they sort of glued to the metalwork?

I hope someone can help me with this.

Sincere,
    Robert-Jan
    The Netherlands

2. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    Pretty car. Yes they are mounted with pins. You can remove them by gently pulling. Try using a bondo (plastic body filler ) spreader & work it in various places. The pins are made of plastic & the emblem is brass.

Aficior likes this.
  3. Aficior

Aficior Rookie

May 30, 2019
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Robert-Jan de Ridder
    Thank you very very much for your quick reply and complete answer. This is exactly what I was looking for. Briljant.

Thanks and have a very nice day,
    Robert-Jan

EarlyCat and Booker like this.