Countach 25th Anniversario | Page 150 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach 25th Anniversario

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Derek RIce

Derek RIce Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Derek Rice
    Very cool Joe! Obviously Horacio Pagani drives and enjoys the vehicles he has designed.

I remember reading an interview with Marcello Gandini that Car & Driver published where Gandini said he had never actually driven any of the exotics that he designed, which would presumably include the Countach. The questions and answers needed to be translated and his answers were very short, so something may have been lost in translation, but that seems a bit far fetched that he would've never actually driven the Countach (or any of the others he designed). Could this actually be true?

The context of the interview also made it sound like he may not personally own any of the production versions of the cars he designed. Other interviews feature pictures of him "reunited" with the Countach and Miura. I guess I don't know how those types of things were arranged back then (were they given one as a gift when it went into production, or did they have to pay full price for these vehicles if they wanted one?), but it seems far fetched that he wouldn't own any of them either.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15098746/what-id-do-differently-marcello-gandini-interview/

Apologies if this is off-topic, I just stumbled upon this thread and it is gold-mine of information, awesome stuff!

joe sackey likes this.
  2. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I don't think Gandini was actually interested in owning the cars, unlike Pagani himself, or Dallara.

Derek RIce likes this.
  3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  4. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    “Form follows function”.

Owned, maybe not but driven without a shadow of a doubt.

Derek RIce likes this.
  5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Pirelli have equipped another 25th with the new Cintirato P7s and have subjected the car to extensive testing at their Pista Pirelli Vizzola Ticino circuit in Italy.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tu160bomber, topcarbon and silhouette like this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    any video footage of this?

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not that I've seen.

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Tu160bomber likes this.
  9. Lambocars666

Lambocars666 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2010
    FR & CH
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Ciao tutti!

First time I post in this Anniversario thread. :)

As a 1970s Countach fanatic, I had little interest for the later versions I must admit...
    Until last year when I had a ride in this gorgeous 'Giallo Fly - Nero' Countach Anniversario in Kyoto!
    Since then, I realized those mass-production Countach should not be overlooked.

Sure I'll take the time to read the 150 pages of this thread when I can...
    But for now, what are the last nerd-stuff discussed here? First and last cars? VIN code letter? US spec? Did you question the Anniversario prototype yet?

Just so that I don't start a topic already discussed... ;)

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula Junior

May 14, 2017
    Beautiful car, indeed. It is humorous seeing anyone reference any Countach variant as "mass produced". Quit the contrary. While certain variants were produced in greater numbers than others, they are all remarkably rare and unique within the catalogue of automotive history, for certain.

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Time is on your side so check out the whole thread from page 1, it's another excellent resource thread dedicated to a variant, I've actually owned 2 of these formidable machines and have often said that they are the best-built of all Countach variants, not surprising coming after so many years of development engineering for the model. We've discussed a wide range of topics, meanwhile there is nothing wrong with starting a topic already discussed.

Well-said.

Ciro Izzo and Tu160bomber like this.
  12. Derek RIce

Derek RIce Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Derek Rice
    Does anyone know if any 25th's left the factory with the NACA ducts painted black like previous models instead of the body color? Or has anyone seen one that had them painted black later on?

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula Junior

May 14, 2017
  14. topcarbon

topcarbon Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2006
    Scottsdale Arizona/ Mexico
    Full Name:
    jason
    Amazing example
    Ruined by not driving
    Simply garage art

Tu160bomber likes this.
  15. Derek RIce

Derek RIce Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Derek Rice
    Anyone know the full story on the "Speed Limit" dash warning light in this 25th Anniversary? I read in an Early Diablo Maintenance Manual that the Saudi Arabia version of the Diablo was equipped with a Speed Limit warning. Is this the same case, were Saudi Arabia Countachs required to have this warning light?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Lambocars666 likes this.
  16. Lambocars666

Lambocars666 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2010
    FR & CH
    Full Name:
    Victor
  17. Derek RIce

Derek RIce Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Derek Rice
    Cool, was this installed as an aftermarket add on? I remember the Diablo Alpine Edition had a Alpine Radar Detector installed with all of Alpines other equipment, but I don't recall ever seeing one in a Countach.

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Speed Limit warning light was to comply with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Transportation Authority mandates for the period in which they were installed in cars by manufacturers, this includes 25th Aniversarios delivered there.

This is an example of the production nuances that applied to the cars Lamborghini built for different worldwide jurisdictions, for example, USA specification 25ths have a Catalyst warning light instead.

Radar Detectors are non-factory items installed post-production.

Derek RIce likes this.
  19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I can see 17 different 25ths ready at the factory, USA, Australia and European examples all together, just 1 red example upfront has a wing, meanwhile this must be very late in production as I can see a pre-production Diablo in the background.

20. Derek RIce

Derek RIce Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Derek Rice
    #3745 Derek RIce, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Thanks Joe! So am I understanding correctly that ONLY the Saudi Arabia cars had this Speed Limit warning light and system installed? This might be a dumb question, but did all 25th Anniversarios come equipped with catalytic converters? If so, did a hot/cold catalytic converter also trigger this Speed Limit Warning light in these cars?

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I have no idea what other Middle Eastern or other countries required a Speed Warning light circa 1988 - 1990, you'd have to do the research amongst transportation authorities for that jurisdiction, or elsewhere as regards your scope of interest.

USA & Canada specification 25ths came with catalytic converters, as I mentioned above, these cars had a Catalyst warning light instead of a Speed Warning light.

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Well, as he usually does, Carl Hartley has sold his super-low miles 25th:https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgGWiXhuQB/

The price was close to his asking number of £399,000 or roughly translated today that's $485,660.

The new owner plans to use it weekly as he purchased the car for himself.

I recall the buyer of the super low miles Rame Colorado LP400S doing the same thing.

This is a case of an as-new car being preserved all these years waiting for the right guy to come along, it's never too late to start, and this car will go on to be enjoyed by both the owner and enthusiasts alike.

Bravo to the buyer.

topcarbon and Spyder-Man like this.
  23. sp1der

sp1der Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
  24. M.B.

M.B. Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2006
    with that mileage I would expect also the first/original tires.. can't compare this car with the black car, look at the seats, looks like 2 people sat a lot in it.. look at the wheels, the bolt and nuts, look like the wheels where washed a lot with wheel cleaner, strange with that mileage.. and new lenses, pre anniversary clear lenses, I wonder or this car is original paint, perhaps they put this car back on zero after some work? wrap some plastic around the carpet does not mean anything to me, this is just a average anniversary and way over priced but yes, off course a great car but not even a little bit close to the black car, the black car is factory new.

25. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I fully agree with Marcel, this car has some spots which cry - everything but Not 186miles...
    BTW where are some engine pics? and the front side indicators are mounted upside down behind the wrong clear lenses.