Any tricks to staring a Countach with side draft webber’s ? | LamborghiniChat
News

Any tricks to staring a Countach with side draft webber’s ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Robbie dickson, Feb 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Robbie dickson

Feb 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robbie dickson
    Hi everyone. Bought my first Countach a 5000s with Weber’s. When I fire it up for the first time i have to crank it a long time before it fires up. Are there any ticks of the trade so I don’t burn them started out ? I assume there is no choke on these ? Also what’s the longest it should be left between running ? I know Carbs don’t like to be sat unused for too long but any tip on this ? Thanks in advance

2. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    No choke. Let the fuel pumps first build up pressure. Then press the gas pedal twice & turn the key. When hot, turn the engine over as you press the gas pedal. I've let mine sit for 3 months before when we had a brutal cold winter & it was not problem.

*I always look at the carbs & fuel lines for fuel leaks when I first start & recommend everyone else do the same, especially a carbed car.

3. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    If you continue to have problems starting, please do not hesitate to have the car serviced. Not operating right will lead to more problems. Some people would hate to have to spend more money after a purchase but that 5k-25k service will save your financial and home life down the road :)

4. sp1der

sp1der Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Generally start pretty much on the button with a few pumps on the gas. Best to get carbs tuned, ignition checked (timing, plus wires etc) and check fuel/air filters all good.

5. Robbie dickson

Feb 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robbie dickson
    That’s awesome advice thank you will try it.

EarlyCat likes this.
  6. JohnMH

JohnMH Karting

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai, UAE
    My LP400S was getting harder to start. Fresh plugs fixed it; easy to start now even with the original points ignition.